1 Apr 2014

JULIE'S HOUSE GENT

Overview: Julie's House is a little and cosy coffee-cupcake cafe in the very centre of Gent. They have quite a big selection of delicious desserts and tasty breakfasts. Be prepared that the place is really popular! It is used to be a hidden gem, but now it is discovered by tourists and students.

Last Sunday the weather in Belgium was perfect! After spending a wonderful day on a lake in Gent with my friends we were really ready for some coffee with cupcakes. So I decided to show my favourite coffee place of Gent to my friends and was really surprised that they never heard of it before! So if you are like my friends have not discovered pure delight of cappuccino accompanied with white chocolate cake or blueberry cupcake - keep reading this review!   
We arrived around 4 pm and were lucky to find a free table because the place is pretty small. The place is really nicely decorated and has relaxing atmosphere with quite music. My favourite dessert of this place was white chocolate cake, it is really tasty, though I am searching for an alternative to it as it is really sweet. This day I decided to treat myself with latte  chocolate coffee - it was delicious. My friends ordered cheesecake and carrot cake. They were quite happy with the choice except that the carrot cake was too sweet. It is a pity that they couldn't have my favourite cupcakes as they were sold out as a lot of other cakes. Nevertheless, we had a great time and I will continue coming to the place with my friends and recommend you to try it out if you have not been there yet.
Address: Kraanlei 13, 9000 Gent, Belgium - near the river.
They are open on Sundays 09:00 - 18:30, but on Monday and Tuesday the place is closed


No comments:

Post a Comment