4 Apr 2014

BEST PLACES IN ZURICH

Over the coffee in Julie's House my good Swiss friend who spent in Zürich whole her life gave me a list of the truly best places and MUST see in this city. Hopefully I will have a chance to visit them all and meanwhile I am sharing her tips with you.
  • ''Cupcake affair'' Zürich. Try out the ''Merlin Monroe'' - really awesome!
  • Check out Niederdorf, very cute nice little shops and restaurants.
  • Sprüngli (there is one in the HB too but they are everywhere). You MUST totally try the ''Luxemburgerli'', buy them in the morning and eat them right away, because unfortunately they get bad quickly. 
  • Check out the ''Hiltl'' and ''Tibits'' for some nice vegetarian food.
  • Go to the ''Outback Lodge'' to eat some awesome chicken wings & down under fries.
  • Have a posh hot chocolate at the ''Schober'' or a nice soup in the ''Schoffel'' - less fancy.
  • To buy cheap: Migros or Coop which are the Swiss supermarkets; Migros doesn't sell alcohol though.
  • Nightlife. I am not an expert in that. but try ''Supermarket'', ''Gonzo'' and everything in the ''Kreis 4'' is said to be nice.
  • ''Dini Mueter'' is a nice bar, Kaufleuten isn't the cheapest but they have a really nice cocktail terrace.
  • ''Dolder Grand'' is the most expensive coffee in Zürich (it is one of the most - if not THE - most exclusive addresses in Switzerland..try to let yourself be invited to ''The Restaurant'' **Michelin; the ''Dolder Waldhaus'' is also very nice.   
  • My brother used to work in ''Trichterhauser Mühle'' which is also nice. The restaurant on the top of the Uetliberg ''Top of Zürich'' is also nice.
  • But the best place is in Geneva anyway, Go to Christophe Berger and be amazed! It will change your whole life! (or chocolate perception...).
I hope I spelled names of the places correctly. If not, please tell me about it in the comments below, so I can correct the post! Here are photos of original writing of my friend as I really enjoyed how neatly she wrote it down for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment